The Vacuum
Did you ever get the feeling that you are hurtling through a black vortex of nothingness? The emptiness of the nothingness surrounding you begins to hurt your vacant eyes, which are longing for the slightest sign of life. The black hole you are stuck in seems to suck out even the last ounce of energy from you. The road ahead is as dark as the path you left behind.Time seems to stretch on for ever. There is no difference between the past and the future because all that has ever happened is all that will ever happen. The thin blur between space and time begins to coalesce....
It has been for quite some time now
that I have been longing for human contact. No, I am not stranded on an island,
all alone. Come to think of it, I am stuck in the middle of a sea of people who
really don't matter that much to me. The truth of the matter is, I am not
claustrophobic. Not yet, at least.
All of a sudden, I have this feeling
that most of my life, I have been too sheltered. Shielded from any major
hardship, by people close to me. Is that really such a bad thing, some might
ask. Well, I don't know. Every day, I realize the all overpowering laziness
within me, to not change. To let the water drift as it is, because the
slightest change in its course might disturb the perfect stillness in my life.
What is the one thing that would
define my life right now? Is it the glorious past, where even the slightest
risk was taken with so much deliberation that it ultimately turned out to be a
safe bet? Is it the present, working at a nondescript firm at an insignificant position
which anyone can be good at? Don’t even get me started at the Future…
How did I end up in this mess? They say,
life is all about the choices you make. I don’t recall ever having taken a
decision which I have come to regret. It is also a well known algorithm, the
Greedy Algorithm, wherein the best choice at every step leads you to a solution
which is relatively good, if not the best. So where did I make the wrong
choice? But then, all problems cannot be solved by the greedy algorithm, so we
are back to square one.
![]() |
| Hurtling through space...blurring the space-time continuum |
Is this another useless rant or will
some good come out of it? As I continue to ponder, who knows what lies ahead,
only time can and will tell…


Comments
Post a Comment